- This event has passed.
Introduction to AD: benefits, value and role in the Green Recovery
25th August 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm£30 – £119.5
Anaerobic digestion, also known as “AD,” is the simple, natural breakdown of organic matter into biogas (carbon dioxide and methane) and organic fertiliser called digestate. So AD even turns waste into clean, green power!
How does this happen? What are the challenges? What are the biggest advantages?
AD has a vital role in the Green Recovery, so whether you’re interested in learning more about the process as part of a broader understanding of sustainable energy, considering options for dealing with household, commercial or agricultural waste, or starting work at an AD plant, this is the event for you.
Delivered by Lucy Lewis and Lucy Owens of Marches Biogas
10 am – Registration and networking
10:30 – Event begins:
- Introduction – to Lucy and Lucy and their specialties within the Industry, plus an event overview covering the learning outcomes and topics to be covered.
- Section 1 – The introduction to Anaerobic Digestion with an overview of the process and the types of feedstocks that can be used as well as key process parameters including Organic Loading Rates, Hydraulic Retention Time, Mass Balance and the Biological process including Feedstocks.
- Section 2 – The Mechanics of AD – Examples of feeding, mixing, and heating systems, and the impact of feedstock contamination, to the outputs looking at biogas and digestate use. We will also cover in section 2 the importance of monitoring systems and daily operational checks.
- Section 3 – The importance of H&S, DSEAR, COSHH and Regulations specific to AD
- Site Video Tour – we can use this as if we were giving a full site tour in person explaining the process and talking through site layout. Virtual tour of an operational plant.
- An overview of the “Introduction to AD” E-Learning course.
For further information, please contact Greville at: email@example.com
To book and pay by phone or invoice, please contact Angela at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concession tickets are available for students and some local government /civil servants. Please contact Greville for clarification.